Check our Latest products!
Whether you have a bigger closet than your girlfriend or have bought the same kind of pants in the same color for the past ten years, this winter every man can find a wardrobe update to suit his individual style. Check out the following fashion forward looks to help you keep up with the latest trends in men’s apparel.
1. Keep it in check. Check patterns and plaids have returned with a vengeance this winter season. So far no one check pattern has emerged more popular, so feel free to play around with color combos and levels of intensity. Polo by Ralph Lauren has checked dress shirts that range from lumberjack to understated, but the key is to not overdo it. Keep the patterns above the waist and paired with flattering neutral jackets and pants.
2. So what if it’s not snowing? Instead of hitting the slopes, you can hit the streets with ski-inspired ensembles. Long striped scarves, puffy quilted jackets, and a splash of electric yellow will have you looking more hot than cold this winter. The new Nautica line recently showcased a clever blend of layering bright ski jackets beneath classic wool coats, adding cheer to the dreary weather. Keep an eye out for other emerging favorites like sporty vests and colorful knit caps.
3. Rock your way through the holidays with narrow jeans, band shirts, and a leather jacket to keep you warm. To keep this long-time standard trend from getting stale, choose grey jeans over blue and ditch the black leather for unexpected colors. White, blue, or yellow-accented leather jackets will keep the look fresh and all eyes on you. If you’re concerned about fit, this season is more about comfort than squeezing into skin-tight pants and t-shirts. Keep with the spirit of the season and go for looser fits that give you room to layer if necessary.
4. The preppy look blossoms in winter. Forget about the cheesy yacht-inspired men’s apparel that dominated the summer months. Winter prep looks elegant and timeless. Try pairing a military cardigan, such as the ones found at Ralph Lauren’s Polo line this season, with charcoal colored pants and a patterned tie. Or brighten up the office with bold primary colored sweaters in red, blue, and yellow. If you don’t want to look like you just graduated from prep school, mix one piece into your standard office wear to get a lively but age-appropriate look.
5. If trendy men’s apparel isn’t your thing, classic sharp lines and dark colors are always in style and readily available. If you want to make it more modern and less predictable, choose decadent materials like the cashmere and camel hair that dominated the Ralph Lauren collection. And you can never go wrong with some unexpected accessories such as a timeless pair of cufflinks. Ditch the hats and alligator shoes, though. You don’t want to get stuck in a time warp.
But the most fashionable menswear trend for this winter season is finding a look that suits your individuality the best. Happy hunting, whether you’re a lumberjack, rocker, or ski bum.
write by Clitus