Spooky Treats and Ghoulish Eats – Kids Halloween Recipes
These Halloween recipes for kids are a great addition to your holiday fare. This time of year is all about ghosts and goblins, witches and wizards, bats and vampires and even monsters and more. Making fun treats to eat at your party will set the tone for a spooky and scary good time. These ideas will need some adult supervision as there is some heating and cooking involved with these recipes. Don’t forget some food coloring to make these ideas even extra special for the upcoming day. You can make creepy ice cream spiders, witches brew punch or even scrumptious munchable scarecrows.
Kids Halloween Recipe #1 – Ice Cream Spider Cups
Everyone loves ice cream and for your festive party they will love the looks of these spiders made from ice cream and other tasty ingredients.
- 8 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 16 Oreo Cookies (crumbled)
- 16 red M&M candy pieces
- 16 pieces of black shoestring licorice
- Lay out the shells on a baking sheet.
- Add 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream to each shell.
- In a bowl, crumble the Oreo cookies.
- Sprinkle the crumbles on each scoop of ice cream to create a black furry looking spider body.
- Put the filled shells in the freezer for 30 minutes or until ice cream is hardened.
- Remove from the freezer and press 2 red M&M’s into the front of each scoop for the spider’s eyes.
- Cut the licorice strips into fourths.
- Press 8 strips of licorice into each ice cream scoop to form the spider’s legs.
- Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings
These simple little spiders are so easy make and the kids will love them. You can use any flavor of ice cream you want and different colors of M&M’s for the eyes. Mix it up and give each guest a slightly different looking spider or flavor.
Kids Halloween Recipe #2 – Red Witches Brew Fruit Punch
This blood red punch will sure to quench the thirst of all the vampires attending your party.
- 3 (48 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 1 (2 liter) lemon lime soda
- 1 large package strawberry or cherry flavored drink mix
- 1 can frozen strawberries
- 12 – 24 gummy worms
- Place a gummy worm in an ice cube tray (1 in each tray). Fill with water and freeze.
- Mix all other ingredients together and chill.
- Once the ice cubes (with the gummy worms) are frozen, place in the punch and serve.
Makes about 1 to 1 1/2 gallons
You can make your witches brew even scarier looking by adding raisins and/or other frozen fruits.
Kids Halloween Recipe #3 – Coconut Munchable Scarecrows
These yummy scarecrows will brighten up your party with their bright clothes and tasty hat. Kids will have a blast frosting these little guys.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Yellow, orange, red and blue food coloring
- 18 gum drop fruit slices
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 package mini chocolate chips
- Roll out the cookie dough on a flat surface. You can flour the surface to prevent sticking.
- Use gingerbread men cutters and cut out 18 shapes.
- Place the cutouts onto a baking sheet and bake according the directions on the package.
- Remove the cookies and cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Using a small bowl, mix the coconut and yellow food coloring to achieve a straw like color.
- To make the scarecrow hats place the gum drops on a lightly sugared surface and press and roll them flat.
- Using a butter knife, cut hat shapes for each flattened gum drop.
- Place the vanilla frosting evenly into 3 separate bowls.
- Add drops of orange, red and blue food coloring into each of the bowls (one color per bowl).
- After the cookies have cooled, frost each cookie with the blue and red frosting making the shirts and pants. Make some shirts blue and pants red and with some shirts red and pants blue.
- Next frost the head, feet and hands with the orange frosting.
- Press your colored coconut into the hands and feet to form the straw.
- Place the hat onto the scarecrows head by placing a little orange frosting on the back of the hat and pressing it onto the scarecrow.
- Place 2 to 3 of mini chocolate chips down the front of the scarecrows philadelphia phillies philadelphia phillies t shirt for buttons. Place chips on the head for the eyes, nose and mouth.
Makes 18 cookies.
These scarecrows will look so yummy that your guests will eat them quickly.
write by williams