Check our Latest products!
Halloween is approaching quickly, and for this year, a geek or nerd costume can be an inexpensive, easy, and comfortable alternative to other costume ideas. It has already become something of a classic costume, for both guys and girls.
There are three main areas to consider when you’re designing your perfect geek outfit: hair, clothes, and, of course, the all-important accessories.
Nerd Costume Hair:
There are a few different routes you can go here, out of control, under maximum control, and ‘cute.’
Perhaps the most well-known is the ‘out of control’ style. This has been proudly displayed by Einstein, Doc Brown (from Back to the Future), Napoleon Dynamite, and Cosmo Kramer (of Seinfeld).
At the other end of the spectrum, there’s the ‘under maximum control’ style – which of course would be via copious amounts of hair gel – and with a very prominent part (either down the middle, or to the side, it doesn’t much matter). It’s probably debatable, but the Donald Trump comb-over ‘style’ may fall under this as well.
For the ladies, there’s the Ugly Betty-style pigtails – which of course also lend themselves well to sexy nerd costumes for girls. Hair bows are probably the most obvious addition here.
Nerd/Geek Outfits: Once again, there are some different paths you can take here
- Button-down shirt – Must be buttoned all the way up!
- High-waters – Plaid pants are great, but pretty much any slacks will work. What’s most important is that they cannot come within more than 4 inches or so of the ankle. These can be pulled up ridiculously high, like Steve Urkel, but it may be overdoing things (as well as be pretty uncomfortable, and require a posture change)..
- Shoes – White Vans or saddle shoes tend to work the best.
- Schoolgirl Skirt – Essential for any ‘sexy nerd costume!’
- Lab/Doctor Coat – For the scientist look.
- Socks – Must be pulled up as close to the knee as possible and perhaps mismatched as well.
Nerd-ccessories: Lots to choose from here, mix and match
- Pocket protector – Stuffed full of real pens!
- Calculator – A calculator watch is a great substitute.
- Glasses – With or without tape, they should be dark, thick, and plastic.
- Kick-me note – For a twist, go with ‘Happy Halloween,’ instead!
- Tie – Bow, or straight, both work, for guys and girls alike.
- Belt and Suspenders – A true nerd needs maximum lift for those high-waters!
With a healthy selection from the above you can go out in the perfect nerd/geek outfit – and might even already have everything you’d need in your house!
write by Cruz Ortega