Check our Latest products!
Leather is a great addition to any wardrobe. High-quality leather is durable, attractive and comfortable. Of course, the trick is figuring out whether or not the leather clothing you are purchasing is, in fact, of high-quality design.
There are a variety of ways that you can do this, even if you do not have significant expertise in examining leather items. Here are some tips that you can follow as you purchase your custom leather suits, jackets, pants and more:
• Know the animal. The most common leather items are made of cow or sheep. However, it has been well-documented that the most durable and highest-quality leather clothing is made of lamb. Lamb leather is much lighter than other varieties and is more comfortable for the wearer. It also has significantly fewer scratches, which gives a more complete and uniform look to the material.
• Craftsmanship. While all leather clothing will contain a few natural marks here and there, it is important to make sure that there are not any major blemishes. Also, just because one jacket by a brand is of high quality does not mean that the next one you’re looking at will be. While certain brands do carry a reputation, it is important to judge each piece of leather clothing by its own individual merits.
• Lining. It’s surprising how few people inspect the lining when buying a leather jacket. However, the lining says a lot about the quality of the materials used and of the craftsmanship that went into the product. Kasha liners are extremely durable and provide a lot of warmth, whereas cotton liners are not as reliable.
• Buttons and zippers. The effort that went into the very minor details of leather, such as buttons or zippers, says a lot about the effort put into it by the crafters. Do they look cheap, or do they appear to actually have some unique design?
• Stitching. The type of thread can make a big difference in how long the stitching lasts in your leather pants or jackets. You want threads that will not disintegrate over time.
• Fit. When you try on the leather items, do they “feel” right? The best custom leather clothing items will have a tailored cut that fits your body in an attractive, flattering manner, rather than a “one size fits all” manner that is rather shapeless.
Follow these tips, and you will find it much easier to get a high-quality piece of custom leather clothing!
write by Wolfgang